Installing your Qmail SSL Digital Certificate
Create a combined .pem certificate file.
Gather your new certificate files and the private key you generated when you created your CSR. Open a text editor and paste the contents of each key/certificate one after another in the following order:
- The Private Key (your_domain_name.key)
- The Primary Certificate (your_domain_name.crt)
- The Intermediate Certificate (E-Tugra_Root.crt)
- The Root Certificate (TrustedRoot.crt)
Make sure that you include the beginning and end tags on each SSL Certificate. The result should look like this:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
(Your Private Key: your_domain_name.key)
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
(Your Primary SSL certificate: your_domain_name.crt)
(Your Intermediate certificate: E-Tugra_Root.crt)
(Your Root certificate: TrustedRoot.crt)
Save the combined file as E-Tugrapack.pem
- Move this file to your /var/qmail/control/ directory.
- Enable the ssl certificate for use with qmail either by renaming the file to that of the certificate that is already in use on that server, or by modifying the server configuration file to point to the newly created certificate.
- To finish the installation process, restart the qmail server.