Install your SSL Certificate to a f5 BIG-IP Loadbalancer (version 9)
Installing the SSL Certificate
- Launch the F5 BIGIP web GUI.
- Under Local Traffic select "SSL Certificates."
- Click on the name you assigned to the certificate under "General Properties" while creating the CSR.
- Browse to the your_domain_name.crt file that you received from E-Tuğra.
Click "Open" and then "Import."
Your SSL Certificate file is now installed.
Enabling your Intermediate Certificate
- In the web GUI, choose "Local Traffic," then "SSL Certificates," and then "Import."
- Under "Import Type," choose Certificate, then "Create New."
- Enter "E-Tugra_root" as your certificate name.
Browse to the E-Tugra_root.crt file that you received from E-Tuğra, click "Open," and then "Import."
Your intermediate certificate should now be imported.
Configure your server for SSL
- Create or open the SSL Profile that you will be using with this certificate.
- Log in to the Configuration utility > Local Traffic > Profiles > Client (from the SSL menu), then select the client to configure and choose "Advanced" from the Configuration menu.
- Select the SSL certificate (public/private key pair) that you installed at the beginning of these instructions.
Under the "Chain" section, browse to the "E-Tugra_root" file that you imported in the previous step, then save and exit the configuration
Your SSL Certificate has now been installed and enabled for use on your server
f5 BIG-IP Pre Version 9.x
You will need the Primary (your_domain_name.crt) and Intermediate (E-Tugra_root.crt) certificate files. You will need both of these files for proper installation on you BIG-IP device. You do not need the TrustedRoot.crt file
Move your Primary and Intermediate Certificates to the BIG-IP device.
The Primary (your_domain_name.crt) and Intermediate (intermediate-ca.crt) certificate files can be moved to the BIG-IP box using FTP.
Rename and move the certificate files.
Rename your Primary certificate from your_domain_name.crt to your.domain.name.crt and copy it to the /config/bigconfig/ssl.crt/ folder.
Copy the intermediate-ca.crt to the /config/bigconfig/ssl.crt/ folder.
Restart the Proxy.
# bigpipe proxy <IP Address>:443 disable
# bigpipe proxy <IP Address>:443 enable
The Certificate is now installed.