Make a Private Key
- Login to the WebSTAR server using the WebSTAR admin client.
- Go to the Tools menu and select 'Generate Keys and CSRs'.
- Type a name for your private key file.
- Type a password. This password will be used for protecting your private key. Make sure that you keep this password in a secure place because you will need it later.
- Click the 'Generate Key' button. This will create your new private key file. The new private key file will be saved automatically in the Keys folder of WebSTAR.
Generate a Certificate Signing Request
- Go to the 'Generate Keys and CSRs' window again to create a Certificate Request.
- Fill in the DN information fields with your correct information.
- Select the private key you created in the above steps.
- Enter the password you used when you created your private key.
- Click 'Generate CSR'.
- Create a new text file and save the contents of the output to the text file. Make sure to give the file a .txt extension.
- You can now open your CSR file with a text editor. Copy and paste the entire certificate to the E-Tuğra order form. Make sure to include the begin and end tags.