How to generate a CSR for IBM Websphere
Note: The following instructions are for IBM Websphere 6.0x. You can use them for older versions of Websphere but there are some small interface differences.
The first step is to create a keystore, a file that contains the certificates and private key. You will create the keystore with IBM's Key Management Utility, which comes installed with WebSphere:
- Start the Key Management Utility (iKeyman).
In the IBM Key Management Utility, click on Key Database File and then New.
- Choose Key database type and select JKS. Give the keystore a name such as your_domain.jks.
Click the Browse button. Go to
C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\default\etcor to a different location where you want to store your keystore file.
- Click OK. Enter a password and click OK.
- Click Create then New Certificate Request to bring up the Create New Key and Certificate Request dialog.
Type a Key Label, Common Name, Organization, Locality, State, and select a Country. Select 2048 for Key Size. For common name enter the fully qualified domain name for the site you are securing (e.g. www.yourdomain.com). If you are generating a Websphere CSR for a Wildcard SSL Certificate make sure your common name starts with an asterisk (e.g. *.example.com).
- Browse for a location and enter a name for the file such as your_domain.csr and click OK.
You can now open that file in a text editor and paste it in to order your SSL certificate from E-Tugra.