How to Generate a CSR for Lync 2013
- From the Windows start menu click on Lync Deployment Wizard icon.
- Click on Install or update Lync Server System.
Under the Request, Install or Assign Certificates section click Run.
Choose External Edge Certificate and click Request.
- Click Next.
- Choose Prepare the request now, but send it later.
- Choose the name and destination for the CSR text file. (i.e. C:\Desktop\ExampleCSR.txt).
- On the Specify Alternate Certificate Template click Next.
- Enter a friendly name for the certificate. Ensure that Bit Length is 2048. Mark the private key as exportable if you have multiple machines in your edge cluster. Click Next.
- Enter your Organization’s Name and Unit that the certificate is for. Click Next.
- Enter your Country, State, and City. Click Next.
- The Subject Name and Subject Alternative Names (SAN) will auto populate. Click Next.
- Check the box on SIP domains. Click Next.
- On the Configure Additional Subject Alternate Names page specify other SANs needed. Click Next.
- On the Summary Page ensure the information is correct, and click Next.
- On the Executing Commands page ensure the Task Status is completed. Click Next.
- On the Certificate Request File page you can click view the certificate to then copy the text and enter it into the E-Tugra order form. Click Finish to close the Certificate Request File window.
Congratulations, you have successfully created a CSR on Lync Server 2013!